Italy Population (LIVE)
– The current Italy Population is 60,485,957 as of Sunday, March 22, 2020, based on Worldometer elaboration of the latest United Nations data.
– In 2020 population is estimated at 60,461,826 people at mid year according to UN data.
– Italy is equivalent to 0.78% of the total world population.
– Italy ranks number 23 in the list of countries (and dependencies) by population.
– The population density in Italy is 206 per Km2 (532 people per mi2).
– The total land area is 294,140 Km2 (113,568 sq. miles)
69.5 % of the population is urban (42,006,701 people in 2020)
– The median age in Italy is 47.3 years.
Currently, 69.2 % of the population is urban (41,887,345 people in 2019)
The 2019 population density is 206 people per Km2 (533 people per mi2), calculated on a total land area of 294,140 Km2 (113,568 sq. miles).
A Population pyramid (also called “Age-Sex Pyramid”) is a graphical representation of the age and sex of a population.
Expansive – pyramid with a wide base (larger percentage of people in younger age groups, indicating high birth rates and high fertility rates) and narrow top (high death rate and lower life expectancies). It suggests a growing population. Example: Nigera Population Pyramid
Constrictive – pyramid with a narrow base (lower percentage of younger people, indicating declining birth rates with each succeeding age group getting smaller than the previous one). Example: United States
Stationary – with a somewhat equal proportion of the population in each age group. The population is stable, neither increasing nor decreasing.