All Samsung smartwatches use Tizen, an operating system owned by Samsung. So if you’ve got the new Galaxy Watch Active 2 or an older device like the Samsung Gear S3, the method of factory resetting would be nearly identical. We’ll assist you with a step-by-step tutorial. Here’s how to reset your Samsung watch to factory.
It is very easy to reset your Samsung smartwatch. There are three ways you can get on with it: resetting the facility directly via your watch, using your device’s Galaxy Wearable app, or resetting it hard from reboot mode. Here’s how every procedure functions:
Smartwatch factory reset
1. From your smartwatch’s home screen, swipe left twice to reach the app drawer.
2. Tap on the Settings icon and scroll down until you find General. Tap it.
3. Scroll to the bottom to find and select the Reset option. You will be prompted to confirm your choice. Tap on the tick to factory reset your Samsung smartwatch.
App factory reset
1. Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your smartphone. Make sure your watch is connected via Bluetooth. Tap on the Connect button if it’s not and make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone.
2. Once connected, scroll down to find the General section. Tap it.
3. Choose Reset from the displayed options. Tap Reset.
Manual factory reset
1. Turn your Samsung smartwatch off by pressing and holding the power button (usually located in bottom right side of the watch face). If it’s not responding, keep holding the button until the watch reboots.
2. While it’s rebooting, press the power button multiple times in quick succession. This will cause the Select Reboot Mode screen to appear. Select Recovery by scrolling through the options with the home button.
3. The device will reboot once again and perform a factory reset, erasing all of your data.